Last updated: July 19, 2023
Did you know that you can use growth mindset quotes to help you navigate difficult situations in life? It’s true and you may already be doing it in small ways without even knowing it.
You can use growth mindset quotes to remind yourself that mistakes should be seen as opportunities rather than failures and to remind yourself that learning and growing is really what life is all about.
A growth mindset is the belief that you can better yourself through hard work and dedication. It means that you see challenges and setbacks as opportunities for growth rather than limiting events. It means you try to look at the positives in any given situation.
A growth mindset is important as it allows you to face life from a learning perspective, whatever your age. As a result, it improves your self-esteem, your confidence and increases your overall happiness. Lastly, it provides incentive to learn new things, which ultimately leads to greater success.
How can you use growth mindset quotes to help with daily life?
Quotes give you a brief glimpse into what matters to you. They can help you feel better about yourself, your struggles and your victories. They can offer inspiration or provide incentive to do the things you want to do.
What Resonates With You?
Look at the list below, or any list you come across, and find ones that resonate with you. Find ones that spark connection in your heart of hearts. Reflect on it and define what it means to you.
1. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” Henry Ford
2. “You don’t become what you want, you become what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
3. “Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.” Samuel Johnson
4. “A woman becomes a responsible parent when she stops being an obedient daughter.” Glennon Doyle
5. “Gratitude helps us to see what is there instead of what isn’t.” Annette Bridges
6. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” Winston Churchill
7. “Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.” A.Sachs
Where Do You Feel Connected?
8. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” Oprah Winfrey
9. “If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall. These are the physics of vulnerability.” Brene brown
10. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” Captain Jack Sparrow
11. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” Thomas Fuller
12. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” Oprah Winfrey
13. “There is no greater burden on a child than the unlived life of a parent.” Glennon Doyle
14. “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of being.” John Wooden
15. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher
Ask yourself which ones mean the most to you now? Follow through with that connection. Put them somewhere you’ll see them on a daily basis, such as on your mirror on the refrigerator.
16. “You have a unique contribution to offer the world, and it’s your responsibility to find out what that is.” Oprah Winfrey
17. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” Brene brown
18. “No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” Maya Angelou
19. “To love yourself is a never-ending journey.” Oprah Winfrey
20. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’.” Audrey Hepburn
21. “Freedom is not being for or against an ideal, but creating your own existence from scratch.” Glennon Doyle
22. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” Charles Swindoll
23. “Anything you resist will persist. The best way to overcome fear and doubt is by facing them head-on.” Oprah Winfrey
Pause Throughout Your Day
24. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls.” Audrey Hepburn
25. “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been.” Glennon Doyle
26. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” Albert Einstein
27. “Live as is if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
28. “If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it’s OK. But you’ve got to shoot for something. A lot of people don’t even shoot.” Confucius
29. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand.” Oprah Winfrey
30. “You have not failed unless you have quit trying.” Gordon B. Hinckley
Which of these quotes do you hope will one day have meaning for you? Put them somewhere filed under the power of “yet.” Then, when you come across these, let them serve as a reminder that life is not perfect and you don’t want it to be.
31. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” John C. Maxwell
32. “Change is incremental, and it is sometimes quiet. And it is happening. I promise you it is happening.” Glennon Doyle
33. “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.” Ruth Bader Ginsburg
34. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” Tony Robbins
35. “If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.” Maya angelou
36. “What you get by reaching your destination is not nearly as important as what you will become by reaching your destination.” Unknown
37. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” Maya Angelou
Life is About Growing
38. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
39. “When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.” Diane Von Furstenberg
40. “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” Aristotle
41. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy looking for it.” Henry David Thoreau
42. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.” Michelle Obama
43. “Life is a conversation. Make it a good one.” Glennon Doyle
44. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” Estée Lauder
45. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
Envision Your Future
If you have a major challenge coming up, build a vision board with the problem, solutions to it, and quotes that are relevant to you at this time. Importantly, keep your vision board close by, somewhere you can see it and be inspired by it daily.
46. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” Babe Ruth
47. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” Brene Brown
48. “We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.” Lloyd Alexander
49. “Goal setting the secret to a compelling future.” Tony Robbins
50. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” Will Rogers
51. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” Robert F. Kennedy
52. “Find who you are in this world and what you need to feel good alone.” Angelina Jolie
53. “To know how much there is to know is the beginning of learning to live.” Dorothy West
54. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” Paulo Coelho
55. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Winston Churchill
56. “The only thing that was ever wrong with me was my belief that there was something wrong with me.” Glennon Doyle
57. “There is a difference between not knowing and not knowing yet.” Sheila Tobias
58. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” George Lorimer
59. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” Nelson Mandela
60. “If at first, you don’t succeed, you’re normal.” Kid President
Gifts to Yourself
Take a screenshot of quotes you come across that are meaningful to you. Review them at the end of every week, a little gift to yourself.
61. “Dig deep—get deliberate, inspired, and going.” Brene Brown
62. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” Confucius
63. “It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” Jane Austen
64. “I have met myself and I am going to care for her fiercely.” Glennon Doyle
65. “Grace means that all of your mistakes now serve a purpose instead of serving shame.” Brene Brown
66. “Everything is figureoutable.” Marie Forleo
67. “Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” Bethany Hamilton
68. “I am a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.” Ruth Bader Ginsburg
69. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” Coco Chanel
70. “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.” Kevin Durant
71. “The building of the true and beautiful means the destruction of the good enough.” Glennon Doyle
72. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” Joshua J. Marine
73. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe.” Oprah Winfrey
74. “When you close the door of your mind to negative thoughts, the door of opportunity opens to you.” Napoleon Hill
75. “We can choose courage, or we can choose comfort, but we can’t have both. Not at the same time.” Brene Brown
Frame your printed quote and hang it somewhere you will see it regularly.
76. “The expert at anything was once a beginner.” Helen Hayes
77. “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
78. “We find comfort among those who agree with us and growth among those who don’t.” Frank A. Clark
79. “The building of the true and beautiful means the destruction of the good enough.” Glennon Doyle
80. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” Harry Golden
81. “Dream, struggle, create, prevail.” Caterina Fake
82. “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.” Walt Disney
83. “The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” Oprah Winfrey
84. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” Nelson Mandela
85. “Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are.” Brene Brown
86. “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” Zig Ziglar
87. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” Oprah Winfrey
88. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.” Ruth Bader Ginsburg
89. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Theodore Roosevelt,
90. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” E.E. Cummings
See it Often
Set your current favorite quote as your screensaver on your computer or the background of your phone.
91. “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” Nora Ephron
92. “Walk away from friendships that make you feel small and insecure and seek out people who inspire you and support you.” Michelle Obama
93. “Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyway.” Glennon Doyle
94. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” Nelson Mandela
95. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
FAQs on Mindset Growth Quotes
Commonly asked questions about mindset and growth.
A growth mindset is powerful because it determines how you feel about your day, your yesterday and your tomorrow. It determines your perspective in life.
A person with a growth mindset will see challenges as opportunities and are nearly always looking to learn something new. Alternatively, a person with a fixed mindset sees things as set, permanent, and has difficulty with the idea of change, even if it would improve their life.
Building a growth mindset is cultivating the potential for growth and development. It’s fostered through embracing challenges, persisting in the face of obstacles, seeking learning opportunities, valuing effort and resilience, embracing failure as a stepping stone, and maintaining a positive and open mindset towards learning and self-improvement.
Final Thoughts: Growth Mindset
Every day quotes have the power to comfort you and remind you that mistakes are an opportunity to grow. They can motivate you, encourage you and help you change your life.
Put the meaningful-to-you quotes somewhere you can see them often throughout the day and let them inspire you.