I’m Tammi and I’m so pleased that you’re here! Wander Healthy is a travel & lifestyle blog focusing on healthy living, at home and abroad. Here you will find useful tips, ideas and guides to make the most of your travels.
My hope is that you will see just how much fun a healthy lifestyle can be, and be inspired to embark on a similar journey yourself.
Why I Blog
I hope to show you that a healthy lifestyle is not all or nothing, nor is it a sudden departure from everything you currently know and do. It’s a gradual lifelong process of growing, learning and making simple choices that build upon themselves without much effort on your part.
I also want to show you how you can plan ahead for health wherever you go, and how to come home from vacation and not feel like you need another vacation just to recover.
What You’ll See Here
- Off the beaten path adventures to keep you moving.
- Practical tips for finding healthy food, fitness and wellness options around the world.
- Inspiration and motivation to make the most of your journey, in life and on the road.
Why I Travel
I grew up in Alaska, where I spent most of my time outdoors whenever possible. I’ve always been more comfortable in big, open and empty spaces. Without people. When I graduated from college my advisor had only two pieces of advice for me.
- Get some culture
- Stop wearing sweatpants
These heartfelt German words directed the course I would follow for the rest of my life. In the last thirty years, I have traveled the world and fallen in love with it. People, cultures and even clothes. And while I still need space to breath and be, I’m able to find it just about everywhere I go in one form or another.
Introvert, book lover, dog mom and mom of 2 boys. Often solo, usually slow, I love hiking, paddling, exploring abandoned buildings, secret caves and hidden waterfalls.
Where I’ve Been
- North America: Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, D.C., Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, Puerto Rico, Cancun, Canada
- South America: Costa Rica, Peru
- Europe: Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Iceland, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland
- Asia: China, Japan
Travel and fitness have always been a passion for me. I have spent most of my life pursuing health in one way or another and hope to share both my successes and failures with you, so that you can make informed decisions on how you wish to balance your own life.
- Certified Food Nutritionist
- Doctorate in Biology
- 10+ years as a scientist in the field of aging
Where I’ve Been Featured
- SixtyandMe.com – Building Your Community
- Get It Magazine – The Best Advice I’ve Ever Been Given
- Medium – Travel and Personal Growth
- MSN – When’s the Best Time to Visit Mount Rainier National Park?
- Muscle & Health – What is Biohacking? The Quest for Eternal Youth
- Next Avenue – Feeling Isolated? Create Your Own Social Group
- Self – The Best Hiking Boots for Trekking, Strolling and Ascending
My Trekking Bucket List
I love hiking. And I love trekking. The two are not the same. Here are the treks in my near and distant future:
- GR20 in France
- Cinque Terre in Italy
- Camino de Santiago: 2024
- Everest Base Camp, Nepal: coming up next!
- Tour de Monte Blanc
- Mt Fuji, Japan ✅
- Torres del Paine
- Laugavegur trek, hut to hut in Iceland
- West Coast Trail, Vancouver, B.C.
- Inca Trail ✅
- Routeburn Track, New Zealand
- Longe Range Traverse, Canada